Notice of 2019 Municipal Election
5 months ago
Notice of 2019 municipal election
Pursuant to Section 10-3-301 of the Utah Code, notice is hereby given that the Municipal Offices in Toquerville City, Utah to be voted on
August 13, 2019 - Primary Election (if needed)
November 5, 2019 - General Election
in the Municipal General Election are:
(3) CITY COUNCIL MEMBER – 4 YEAR TERM
(1) CITY COUNCIL MEMBER – 2 YEAR TERM
Candidate Filing Period Begins June 3, 2019 at 8:00 am
Candidate Filing Deadline Ends June 7, 2019 at 5:00 pm
A Declaration of Candidacy Form or Nomination Petition must be filed in person, or by audio-visual electronic communication with the City Recorder at 212 North Toquerville Boulevard Toquerville, Utah from the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
MUNICIPAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
Utah Code §20A-9-203
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing.
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
(3) Must be a registered voter of the municipality.
(4) Must be a resident of the municipality or a resident of a recently annexed area for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
(5) If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
(6) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101.5
*All candidates for election are subject to campaign financial statement disclosure regulations.